Donald Trump is fixing to be indicted for the third time this year. First there was the hush money case in New York. Then there was the classified documents case in Florida. Now it is trying to overturn the 2020 election in D.C. We could have a fourth indictment out of Georgia next month.
The lawlessness behavior carried out by Trump has infected the GOP across the country. Today’s featured photo is from my Chron hard copy that showcases the lawlessness being carried out by the cowardly arsehole Gov. Greg Abbott on our border with Mexico.
Shoving migrant kids back into the Rio Grande. Putting up razor wire. Laying buoy traps so folks will drown. Being physically abusive to pregnant women.
Democrats are having to ask the feds to step in. I received this yesterday:
Texas Senate Democratic Caucus Asks U.S. Department of Homeland Security to Investigate Disturbing Allegations Against Operation Lone Star
Austin, TX — The recent allegations about the practices of the Texas Department of Public Safety along the Texas-Mexico border are disturbing and demand immediate action. In response, the Texas Senate Democratic Caucus has asked the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to conduct a thorough investigation of the allegations of immoral and unlawful acts. Full text of letter below and attached:
Dear Secretary Mayorkas:
The Texas Senate Democratic Caucus respectfully requests the Department of Homeland Security investigate the disturbing allegations of practices taking place along the Texas-Mexico border. As reported by the Houston Chronicle and others, a Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) trooper has stated migrants are being forced into dangerous, life-threatening situations along the border near Eagle Pass where the state has installed miles of razor wire and buoys along the Rio Grande. Allegations include the following:
- A 19-year-old woman caught in the razor wire while experiencing a miscarriage;
- A four-year-old girl who fainted from heat exhaustion after she tried to pass through the razor wire but was pushed back by Texas National Guard soldiers;
- A 15-year-old boy whose father had to carry him out of the river after he broke his leg trying to get around the razor wire;
- A man suffering from lacerations after attempting to rescue his child trapped in the water by a razor-covered barrel;
- A mother and her two children who drowned trying to get around the buoys;
- A group of 120 migrants, including young children and nursing babies, pushed back into the river by DPS troopers; and
- A directive to deny migrants water despite record-breaking temperatures.
We need the President Joe Biden administration to step in and repel the actions of Abbott and the corrupt DPS. Like, now.
Since Trump became the GOP leader in 2016, tons of GOPers have ignored the rule of law. Jerks like Abbott are too weak to act like this unless Trump’s actions give them cover.
We must unequivocally support authorities in New York, Georgia, and the special counsel. That is the only way the rule of law survives.
I read today that Natalie Wood would be 85 today. Wow! We lost Natalie in 1981 to a drowning accident. TCM will be showing some of her flicks today including Rebel Without a Cause, Splendor in the Grass, Gypsy, and Inside Daisy Clover, all great flicks. I also liked her in The Searchers, The Great Race, West Side Story, and of course Miracle on 34th Street. What could have been.
The Women’s World Cup is underway in Australia and New Zealand. I will be watching and rooting on Team USA for sure.
The team won yesterday and are in Oakland for four starting this evening. The A’s have the worst record in MLB. We need to try to win them all. We are 6-0 versus the A’s this season.